Monday, February 21, 2005

Typing vs. Talking

Why can't we talk like we type? There's been way too many times where I've gotten into arguments with people.. only to wish that I didn't say what I just said.
BACKSPACE
Because saying "Forget I said that" or "I take that back" never works. What's said was said. It done came out the printer. The email has been sent.
ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA SEND THIS?
I need that option before I say something in conversation that I'd regret. There's no censor in your head. Because in the heat of the moment you have to react. Sitting there with a blank look on your face, while you fish for a comeback, never works.
EMOTICONS
I need those too cus they work better at conveying sarcasm. A smirk here.. a smirk there.. never helps the situation, cus I'm super sarcastic. But who can get mad at a yellow Wal-Marty smiley face?
THE "X" BUTTON
Just to have it in conversation that gets way too boring. An option to close this conversation and move on with the rest of my life. Besides: annoying, interrupting conversationalists, who don't have a clue, are nothing more than human pop-up ads
COLOR OPTIONS
Perhaps I think you're boring as an Indian person. Hmmm, I wonder. What would this conversation be like if Suresh was now Snoop? Perhaps the conversation would now drift from the latest IPOD technology to Escalades and pimp juice. Not brain-enriching stuff but sometimes I just need a good escape into other realities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home