Friday, October 28, 2005

I Blog to Rant

I like sports like the next man..who likes sports. But the fact that NBA players are complaining about a league-enforced dress code boggles the noggin

Now every NBA player must wear a suit before/after games and even while sitting on the bench, when not active for a game. NBA players' biggest complaint is that it stifles their expression and it's not comfortable.

Tell that to the millions of folks out there who are caged up in cubicle space in their suit and tie. Do you think they wear it because it's cozy? There's Casual Friday for a reason. With NBA players, every day is Casual Friday. Even on the court. In fact NBA Commissioner David Stern, if your players keep bitching, force them to wear the suits while playing.

You can't complain about not feeling comfortable when you live comfortable. Hard to garner support from the masses about comfort, when you drive a Lexus.. and have finger massagers for your PlayStation controllers. I'm guessing that gold-plated pool with your name engraved on the diving board is quite comfortable, not to mention the 34 groupies and entourage that accompany you everywhere you go.

Once you get paid 6 figures, you're no longer allowed to complain. Outfits should be the least of your problem, you should be putting that money towards the surgery to remove your head out of your ass. The boss dictated a dress code. Everyone else does it where they work, why not you? You can go home, get naked, and roll around in your millions, while I toil around in 6 year old shoes, with the soles peeling off. I'm not comfortable, but does anyone write headlines about that? Of course not, because B-Ball Bocephus with the 36-inch vertical can't wear his bling-bling. Boo Hoo. Trust me when I say this, the masses admire your athletic ability. But we don't look up to you. We just wish we could get paid to play a game and go to parties.

If that was the case, I'd be HopScotching my way to the bank

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

That along with the mysterious Middle Eastern bar that was a front for a heroin dealer are the 2 memories we can joke about til the day we die.. Or quit blogging

2:41 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Quick question.. How do you defend yourself from blog commenters that use other peoples' blogs to advertise? Roundhouse, pepper spray, pitbull, B.O?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Layton said...

Click the 'Settings' button next to the name of your blog. Then click on the 'Comments' link. You should see a question on the left that says 'Show word verification for comments?' Click 'yes' and it will require the commentor to type in a code they see. This usually prevents spammers.

7:54 PM  
Blogger I said...

I had a suit once. I bitched too much and they took it away. Then I had to work naked. Oh well, what are ya gonna do. When my BLOG takes off I'm wearing a suit.

Doofleboy Has Spoken.

4:39 PM  
Blogger I said...

Ha! BLOGGING rules! SPAM ya later!

12:30 PM  
Blogger I said...

Hey! I came back here three times. Talk about dedicated.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home