Friday, September 30, 2005

Sweet Toof

This month is over today. Yeah yeah, Take Your Blog to Work Day was supposed to happen, but for some odd reason my blog was down for 2 days. I didn't know who to blame it on: A hacker, a hurricane. Republished it and boom it's up again

T'will happen soon, but discipline has always been shaky ground to me. Plus this month is where offiically the creative lull for me was in full effect y'all

---

Someone told me I had incredibly selfish tendencies. I wanted to "have my cake and eat it too".

But isn't it my cake? If I have a cake why would I not eat it? I like cake. Who doesn't? But now that I have it, I can't partake in cake? What do I do, share it? I should have my cake but give it to others? Who does that? Take away a 6 year old's cake and he'll take out your left kneecap

I think selfish would better be described as "You want to have your cake and then have someone else's and then someone else's until people start complaining about how much cake you've eaten but you still don't care because you got more cake on the way. The cake train is a-coming. Choo Choo!"

And why put such a negative character trait as selfishness and associate it with cake? Cake never did anything wrong. Cake is either directly or indirectly always involved with celebration.

DIRECTLY
Birthday party

INDIRECTLY
It's only $8.99 at Kroger and even though there "technically" isn't anything to celebrate, you can always celebrate the fact that no one else knows about this cake and you have it all to yourself

Have you ever had no reason cake? Like your friends went to a birthday party and brought some home and you get a piece? It's the best feeling. You have no connection to the person. If not for them celebrating, you'd never have cake but really you could care less about what it was they were celebrating. No emotional investment at all in that person's life. It's free cake without having to give a gift or any of your personal time. You win

I hate when people turn down cake. Like at a wedding or birthday. I used to think "Do they not realize that you don't get offered cake every day? Water, yes. But no one has a cake faucet at home." And then I realized that maybe they're one of those $8.99 Kroger Cake Kids who are gonna leave the reception, go home and munch down on some random kid's birthday cake that his Xanex-ed up soccer mom forgot to pick up

Hard to be mad at any function when there's cake. Cake could clear up tension in the Middle East. Hard to be mad at the Palestinians when you have carrot cake frosting on your lip. Of course I'm sure both the Israelis and Palestinians would fight over who got the icing, or the bigger slice, or they'd claim one side of the cake, leaving a sort of Gaza Strip of cake in the middle for no one to get

Who knew cake could be so controversial

3 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I am currently trying to make the comeback of the 1920s slang term for an effeminate guy "Cake-eater". Pretty cool huh? So if you see someone that you hate, call them a friggin cake-eater. Your BLOG wasn't down. I took it to show my Mother. She made me bring it back.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

The way you started off that comment, "I love cake! and I love this entry about cake." made me think you were one of those spam bloggers, but then I went from hating you to realizing we were related. Unless this is another Reena and then I retract that comment for its unintended creepiness.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you do an entire blog entry about cake. :)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home