Saturday, March 19, 2005

Tic Tock

Some people jingle keys. Some people fiddle fingers. Others chew straws. While others smoke. Alot of people tap their feet. Alot more people stare at the ground. There's many folks who hum. And another many folks play with their hair. A few people envision bacon being cooked. Even fewer cook bacon. Whatever it is they do..they're all variations on one thing

THE NERVOUS TIC

I ramble. Incessantly. On and On. Someone referred to me as a broken record. I prefer to say that in my head is DJ Mental, on the wheels of steel. He's remixing my thoughts, cutting the needle back and forth, scratching, hyping up the party.

I don't think it's really a nervous tic. I don't mind rambling. Other people mind it. It's the silence that I mind. I get bored easily. I mean I'm bored right now. So I guess by rambling, somehow I'm keeping my mind entertained and not necessarily the people who are within earshot.

I look at it like this. Every now and again, something funny slash insightful falls out. And being a comic it's my job to pick up what fell and jot it into something I can put on stage. So it's like if my stand-up act is like a dvd. Then sitting around and hearing me ramble is like watching the deleted scenes. If only people came with a trailer of what to expect, I'd be able to avoid those I don't ever want to talk to..

Like myself.

What a waste of blogspace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I think that means you're sticking up for me right? I mean do I fall into the "usually one of the funniest to read" categories? Awaiting feedback...

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home