Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Trippin..

I just finished packing my stuff to head on back home to Dallas. I always have that weird gutteral feeling that I forgot something when I leave. I turn OCD (yeah you know me) and start checking all around the place, making sure nothing's left behind. I'm scouring through places I know I never used. I'm pulling up carpet, looking in cookie jars. The bedroom wall got a nice sledgehammer uppercut just cus I couldn't find my toothpaste.

I'm performing with Russell Peters next week in Austin and back here in Dallas. He's an Indian comic from Canada who's a huge huge name up there and getting just as big down here. Really cool guy. He got alotta buzz when someone put one of his hourlong comedy specials from Canadian TV on their website. Alot of people downloaded it then emailed the link to friends and buzz about him grew down here. He's been selling out every venue's he's been in, including the ones in Austin and Dallas. So all that rambling led me to this..

Why can't my clips get that kind of play? I want buzz. Heat. A following. T-shirts, lots of T-shirts. A fan club. and a fan site as well. Some one (maybe some 300) thinking that I'm the new deity of the month and creating a compound/fanatic cult in my honor.

Maybe 4 one-minute clips isn't meaty enough to create a buzz. Would a 10 minute video of a Christmas play, when I was 8, work? How about my trip to India when I was 17 and was frustrated the whole time because there was no running hot water. Or the time I was 17 and we videotaped toilet papering somebody's house but we were so adolescent and giddy that it was just 25 minutes of night sky, running footsteps, and giggling

Maybe I need to find me Paris Hilton and....

I mean you figure with a name like Hilton shouldn't an Indian person be involved somehow?

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I only plug certain shows in Dallas, but I'm performing all the time. I'll be back in L.A in a few weeks and will be performing then too. I'll be in Austin this Thursday but the show's sold out. Ditto for the one in Dallas. Russell's pulling in huge crowds. But I've got a show in Dallas at the Improv the following Wednesday the 16th, tell your friends to come out to that.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home