Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Birds And The....

It's that time of year for my people. It's like the equivalent of watching Jackie Robinson play 2nd base for the Dodgers in 1947.

The Scripps National Spelling Bee

You'd swear this was a preview of A.P classes to come in 2012. I've never seen so many Indian kids in one place that weren't related to me. It brings a tear to my eye. It's the only time I can ever watch Indians on ESPN that weren't from Cleveland.

So here's to my fellow brown boys. Make me proud. Show those American kids that they may know how to spell "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious". But this ain't a Disney competition. This is reality, palefaces. See this God-given natural tan? It not only gets me accepted into U.T. Law School, it also gives me the ability to spell "oligopsony" and "kiss my chocolate ass"

Please people, let me brag for just one day. You have the other 364 to make fun of us. But today, June 2nd, is my people's day of glory

Bring the gold home fellas

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
You are very funny!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

& what do you know, an indian brings home the gold. [ insert tear here ] i`ve never been more proud of my country...

1:42 PM  
Blogger I said...

I am surprised that there is not an ebonics entry in this. I could clean up. This has to be a basis for some kind of discriminatory law suit. When I am done there will be no gold, just participation ribbons and EVERYONE gets one!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Waylon said...

I hate to blow your theory Mark, but my name is Haselhorst and I suck at spelling. Germans have some really screwed up names, but I am not sure there has ever been a German spelling bee champion. I could be wrong though, I am not much of a spelling bee historian. If you are and you can shed some light on how Germans have done in the past....pretend like you don't know and maintain your dignity, dork.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home