Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Synapse Crackle Pop

Just when I begin to lose hope in all mankind, people amaze me. I never realized how thoughtful we've become as a nation and how caring and considerate we are until I got robbed this weekend, and right after the criminal took all my money, he handed me a comment card

WHEN I POINTED THE GUN AT YOUR CHEST, HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOUR FEAR?

1) Not scared at all
2) Fairly scared
3) Somewhat scared
4) Wet myself

Cool thing was, the survey was anonymous. All I had to do was call a 1-800 number and they entered me into a drawing to win my money back.

I'm headed to D.C and New York this weekend for a couple of shows. Never been to D.C. They call D.C "Chocolate City" because there's so many black people there. But you put a bunch of Indian people in one place in America it's called "FBI Alert"

Let's be honest, Indians/Pakistanis/Sri Lankans/Bangladeshis a.k.a South Asians, we're the real meaning of chocolate. We're lighter skinned than most black people. I'm not called black, I'm called brown and when you think of chocolate you think of Nestle Crunch, Milky Way, not Hershey's Dark Special. I'm just saying let's put the label where it belongs.

See this skin of mine? Milk Chocolate:Yoo-Hoo:Eskimo Pie
Wesley Snipes? Licorice: Yager: Beef Jerky

I was talking to a fellow blogger, and we got on the topic of why we blog. I do it to whet my creative appetite and to conjure up material for my act. He blogs.. and I quote, "For shits and giggles"

Shits and giggles? Do those even go together? Because I've never done both at the same time

Did you hear that?
A joke was born.
And it's all mine, so don't touch it. Hands off. Get your own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephyc said...

I've been to DC plenty of times and believe me there are plenty of inidans. I am hispanic, and they kept asking me if I was indian. Have fun.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the comment about the FBI alert. Try not to look suspicious, ok? Don't walk too fast. Or too slow. Or, um, carry a bag. Hell, maybe you just shouldn't go.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep D.C. does have a huge indian population. I'd also like to add I've seen indians so black that they look purple. But I can say the same thing for blacks too. Anyway have fun in D.C.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home