Friday, June 03, 2005

U.O. Me

I recently fell into a very uncomfortable situation. Let's see if you, the reader, can relate

I'm holding a grudge. Not in a bad way. Not like in an Indigo Montoya kind of way, but just in that I know I'm not in the wrong. So the grudgeholding will continue

What's the best way to unlock a grudge? An apology

But what happens when the apology hasn't come in so long that now that apology needs another apology? Almost like an apologetic appetizer.

Yeah all the sushi rolls were outstanding, but where's my Miso Soup?

The person in question had yet another opportunity to mend fences and couldn't drop the nuts long enough to fess up with the apology

So now the grudge just gets thicker. It's become sludge now really. I'm holding a sludge. If the person who owes the apology doesn't pay up, the interest will just keep adding up. It's like debt. You charge a little too much on your credit card and don't pay it all at one time, it seems to never end because the payments keep piling on, as does the interest. Now the credit card company is upset. They're calling you at work. They're sending you late notices. They're sludge holding

Call me Mastercard

I'm also Indian, which makes me Asian, which entitles me to hold a grudge forever. Have you not seen any Kung-Fu or Samurai movies? If that's too old school for you then rent Kill Bill

An apology is all I ask for. Make your full payment. Write the check. I'll cash it right there. Let's just hope you mean it..and it doesn't bounce

7 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Ok, I'm sorry.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Nice try, but no Edamame. For those who don't know, Steve's not the one I despise. His breath on the other hand?

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will apologize for the one who hasn't...He/She is sorry a hundred times over!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Waylon said...

I am sorry I read your blog Dustin. Do you accept my apology? Or do you wish to look like a jerk?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Sorrys would be easy to accept if they were given in the first place. You can't take what hasn't been offered to you. I ain't stealing an apology.

3:40 PM  
Blogger I said...

Hey! I said I wasn't stalking you. Geez!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As funny as that was to read, and I thank you oh so kindly for sharing! Let it go Paul... it will just keep eating up at you. Before you know it, it will ruin your stage performance. We just can't have that! Just tell me who it is and I'll take care of it for ya... - KE

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home