Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Maple Minute

Ever been sifting through your change and find that one Canadian coin? It has a maple leaf on it. But thing is .. you never went to Canada. None of your friends went. You don't even own ginger ale.

I had a clerk refuse my Canadian coin. Really? You're going to wait for me to find a legitimate American one-cent piece? How about you grab one from the Take a Penny Leave a Penny ashtray by your register. You Take a Penny, I'll Leave a Maple Leaf

So how did that Canadian coin make it this far? He's on the run I tell you. He's crossing borders for job security. He's on his way to Mexico, where he'd actually have value.

The Supreme Court nomination hearings are officially over. Samuel Alito went through 18 hours of intense testimony.. and people make such a big deal about it. Why? I go through that every single time I visit my parents

"Are you eating? Are you brushing your teeth? What's your stance on gay marriage?"

I'm not impressed by the power of the Supreme Court. I want to be a judge on the Belgrande Court . I'll pay my dues at the 7-Layer Court and then work my way up through the Double Decker ranks.

Court fees? 99 cents

I watched a little bit of American Idol last night. Heavily disappointed. I love watching horrible singers. Because I identify.

Let's televise stonings. Rock-hurling punishment. Throw Osama Bin Laden in the middle of Texas Stadium. $50 to get in. Available on Pay-Per-View. Have Brett Favre come out and throw the first stone. Maybe also have a pebble undercard. You know, someone who doesn't deserve a complete stoning .. like Tom Cruise. Just enough pebbles thrown at him, to get all up in his shoes and be annoying. And for those of you who think watching a few episodes of people being pelted to death would get old after awhile, I propose to you..

Season 2: Celebrity rock-tossers a.k.a Stoning with the Stars

6 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I really dig some of the people that came from that show like William Hung. His CD rules! I also got the new William Shatner/Henry Rollins CD! See that crappy show does serve a purpose. I keep buying CDs and use all my Canadian money too. You know, keep the economy flowing.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Vimal said...

You think finding a Canadian coin in your wallet was bad? I found a freakin' paise in mine. Now, how the heck did that thing get in there? Oh yea, I was in Toronto last week.

12:12 AM  
Blogger I said...

Yeah! I found a Canadian paisty once too. It was on a Canadian stripper!

6:12 PM  
Blogger I said...

What is the proper spelling for that anyway?

6:15 PM  
Blogger I said...

No, I think it's ass part 9. that's the one where they start with the lesbian pillow fight and feathers go all over the place. Cool huh?

7:19 PM  
Blogger cyriacj said...

well uh.
its the end of january.
and theres no new video clips.
nor any cd "on the way."

ok.
later.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home