Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Phone Home

What's the difference between a telemarketer and a stalker?

$10.75 an hour

After numerous unanswered calls, you'd think a telemarketer would get the hint. It's not like 10 calls in, I'm going to answer the phone.

"Oh hey Sprint. No, I've just been busy, I'm not ducking you. No, I swear there's nobody else. What. You don't trust me? I've just been busy with this whole standup and blogging thing. I promise, we'll hang out, just wait until my schedule loosens up."

Sometimes the telemarketers will try to get slick and change their number to "Out of Area". Yeah, because that would make me want to answer now .. out of sheer mystery. If an ex-girlfriend called me as often as a telemarketer does, I'd have enough evidence to file a restraining order. I'm just waiting for that one telemarketer to write me a love letter out of magazine fonts or sit outside my bedroom window .. and I'm on the 3rd floor, so that would require scaffolding (the true sign of a determined stalker)

And I can handle all that, just please please please Sprint don't pull a Say Anything and stand in that scaffolding, boombox held over your head, Destiny's Child's "Bills Bills Bills" streaming out the speakers.

Does telemarketing even work any more? Has anybody ever bought anything or paid a bill immediately because of a phone call? Life was easy for the telemarketer before Caller ID. But now because of Caller ID, telemarketers have become the Jehovah's Witnesses of the telecommunication world .. and Caller ID's the peephole

1 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I just answer the phone as Larry's Carpet store and if it's a hot chick I ask her what she's wearing.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home