Saturday, May 27, 2006

Booze and Rice and Everything Nice

Does drinking wine all the time make you an alcoholic? or a wino? or neither

Because winos have a far worse reputation than alcoholics do. But the term "winos" has now become synonymous with homeless. And alot of homeless people have never even sipped from a carafe.

I have experienced folks who consider alot of wine drinking alot more acceptable than alot of beer/liquor drinking. To me, drinking alot of alcohol in any situation on a regular basis makes you prone to alcoholism anyway, regardless of whether it came from barley or grapes. I think it's the atmosphere and aura that wine brings as opposed to the one that beer does that keeps these people in denial.

I'll admit that wine isn't as commonplace as beer. Chardonnay on tap doesn't sound appealing. Not too many fans at a Cowboys game are partaking in a nice Sauvignon Blanc. But let's not make excuses for wine drinkers either. Let's hold them to the same set of standards.

Because binge drinking wine on the street? Totally socially unacceptable. But binge drinking wine in a wine bar with candles and jazz music? You're chic, high-class. You're sophistimacated. I'm sure if you could smoke crack in a crack bar, then it would become the "it" thing too

Now I'm not bashing wine drinkers at all. Just saying that a boozer is a boozer regardless. I could be tossing back a 40-ounce of Nyquil and I shouldn't be allowed to drive. So if I see you polishing off 4 glasses of wine then don't I have the right to deny you your car keys? Or should I take into consideration the quality of alcoholic beverage you just ingested?

"I'm fine! It's not like I just drank an' 04 Merlot!"

**

How come Chinese restaurants never have original names? They're generic. Best Wok. Lucky Egg Roll. Super Buffet.

I want to open up a Chinese restaurant right next to all these and suck out their business .. with names like Even Luckier Egg Roll. Super Duper Buffet .. or They Might Be Called Best Wok But We Started That Shit

**

I have a pink shirt. I wear it occasionally and when I do, people always say something like

"That looks so good on you. See, Paul's wearing pink. That means he's secure in his sexuality."

It also means that I'm behind in my laundry. I'm one day away from wearing my graduation robe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home