Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Oh and I forgot to mention..

So I had a show in Kerrville, Texas this past Saturday. A city known for its folk festival. I myself enjoy a good folk tune at times but on CD only. Because a bunch of white people in a small Texas town playing banjos doesn't seem like much of a Welcome Wagon for me and mine.

Well on the way there, driving down I-10 on exit 533, there's an exit for a city called Welfare. Yes. Spelled just like that. The creepiest thing was there were road signs leading up to the exit. It was like I was having a nightmare. Where the highway was my life and the exit signs were foretelling my future and what options lay ahead.

Welfare
2 Miles

Regret/Loop 244
Next Exit

Do you think the richest guy in Welfare brags about it?

I want to get pulled over by the Welfare Police Department. They give me a ticket. I pay it off in food stamps.

Who moves to Welfare?

"Hi there, me and my wife just moved here to Welfare. We used to live in Poverty. No, I wasn't born there. I'm originally from Broke as Shit."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mahera Rana said...

thank you for posting. i've killed 2 minutes of my day. now the rest of the day needs to die. and i mean that in an opotimistic way.

8:29 AM  
Blogger I said...

Wow! You still post here! That rules. I can't stand Myspace. I figure I'll have this place all to myself in about a month. It's very cool to hear that your comedy has hit the wall for a while. I mean that in the positive manner that you will probably get pissed off and move to another really rockin direction unintentionally. The cool thing about my comedy is the fact that I don't give a f*ck. I tell the jokes I like and laugh like Hell. Not that I'm near the comedian you are. Not that the audience cares. When I was playing gigs with Chivas Narves we got our best response when we got sick of everyones sh*t and played whatever we liked and threw sh*t. Oddly enough everyone got into it. I hope to see you at a gig soon and you can think "Who is this clown?" again. Then I can tell hot chicks about it and get laid. Thanks Paul!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home