Monday, February 27, 2006

Hair and Now

I'm about to embark on a 3 hour road trip with 4 friends in tow. Notice I said "Tow" as if I'm hauling down 4 broken-down cars. I'm lugging.

I kid.

But as of now, for the most part, we 5 have never managed to grate on each other's nerve endings. Oh might I add, the 3 hour road trip is step A. We're staying in a hotel together which is step B. Step C we'll be hanging together for the reason we're going for the road trip (I know..ambiguous, but I'm secretly secretive like that) and rounding it out is Step D, the tension-filled road trip back

I'd like to think that this trek won't make me re-consider said friendships, but I'd be deceitful to say it won't. Now this is no knock on them. They're normal great individuals with lives and stability and happiness.

Me? I drive the speed limit (I can't afford a speeding ticket) I get unbelievably grouchy when I'm tired. I have the tolerance level of Daffy Duck. Yet I am the driver, so everyone must zip lips and bite tongues so they're guaranteed a ride back. Hold on ..


"Do you think Ku Klux Klan members get that much more upset because their shadow's black?"


Okay .. I'm back. See all of us are friends with folks because we see them, or they see us, in limited time. We're on our best behavior. We all have miserable traits. Reasons that nobody would ever want to be with us, but those never go on display when just hanging out with friends. Now with extended time together, it's Real World-esque. Peeves will now become pet-like. My prediction? Well let's look into the future. Here's a transcript of the very first Real World confessional that will take place after spending one full day with yours truly

"Paul, I don't what his deal is. He forced us to listen to his CDs and his CDs only. In fact, when the car started running out of gas, he immediately turned the radio down and told all of us to shut up as if our conversation was wasting valuable fuel. He let 42 cars pass him on the highway yet stayed in the left lane as if he "thought he" was going faster than right lane traffic. Oh did I mention that in order for him to find certain street names, he again yelled at all of us to "Shut Up" so he could concentrate. As if our conversation blurs his vision. If it weren't for the fact that he pays for gas as well because he's too passive to ask us all to chip in for gas money, I would've stabbed him in his 5 O'clock shadow"

I'm full on bearded on right now too. Not lumberjack thick, but enough to make me look suspicious. It's a thick beard, Teen Wolf-style, not long and Osama stringy. ZZ Top beard is serial-killer-ish and creepy. Thick beard is inquisitive. Introspective. Poetic really.

Now can I rhyme? Not really.
Do I over analyze my place in this world? Hardly ever
Do I question everything around me? Like a 4 year old

So I'm qualified to have this. I look older. My face looks filled out. However, it comes off tomorrow. And with it, my supposed intellect, maturity, and clean sink

1 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I think the trip will be as uneventful as new york was. At least the traveling part will be. I don't care if you drive slow in this case. You can't be late when you don't have a deadline. As long as there's no alcohol or firearms within reach, you know I'll behave myself.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home