Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Suspense-a-Fully

So tonight Last Comic Standing will air on NBC. Why do you the Blogalisa reader even care? Well two years ago, that was my 2 minutes of fame. It's what spawned the website .. which in turned spawned Blogalisa

Well this time around yours truly did not make it past the local round, but did make it to the night show, which is the one that's taped for broadcast. Now the question lies: If they do show me, how will I be portrayed?

Now in a perfect world, they won't even show me. I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror, let alone on a televsion set. Plus now I run the risk of something I said or some little facial tic I happened to have on when the cameras are filming me, being taken out of context

However when I was in Austin for the show, the NBC cameras were all upon me. The judges made a big stink-a-ma-doo that I showed up again .. asking me questions about what my life has been like since the exposure a couple of years back. A big old fuss was made. So much so, that if I didn't make it past the night show, I would either come across as a horrible comic or robbed by the NBC system.

Chances are, the former will occur. I had a good set that night but editing can be a sun-uvva-biatch. Now maybe they'll just edit me right out the show. But this is Paul's life. Nothing ever goes as it seems.

Stay tuned for the fallout.

Possible blog entry titles for tomorrow..

1. Phew! I dodged a bullet
2. Seriously people, that joke does get laughs. It is funny
3. Of all the jokes they could have showed .. they showed that one?
4. Contrary to how I looked, I wasn't that upset
5. Contrary to what I said, I'm not that much of a prick
6. Anyone have some Xanex?
7. I'm done with stand-up. Monkhood here I come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe V. said...

Hey Paul ... don't be so hard on yourself. You are funnier than Buckstar. Maybe next year dye your hair blonde and wear a short skirt?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I think everyone is funnier than Buckstar. But the short skirt would work for Paul, definitely.

The suspense is killing me, I missed the show last nite. Did they show the Austin auditions?

Hope you're well and stuff.

10:02 AM  
Blogger I said...

Paul! your next BLOG could also be Doofleboy is or is not going to get laid as much this coming year. I still use the Paul Varghese line. It still helps.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Joe V. said...

I'm pretty sure they showed Austin last night - had it Tivo'd last night, but deleted it. As far as I can remember, they didn't show Paul at all (even in the stage shots while the judges called the names of selected comedians). Last Comic Standing is a great concept, but the show seems fixed in so many ways. Still remember Drew Carey getting all pissed off because the talent they chose was not the final choices... again, blonde and short skirts definitely seem to influence these judges.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I remember that thing with Drew Carey. I think Bret Butler was also a judge who said 'screw this' when she realized how it was really going to be.

I did get to watch it, luckily someone recorded it for me. And I did see Paul for a few seconds, twice, standing on stage when they were announcing the winners and the camera was panning over the contestants. I also saw Mark Agee sitting in the audience. He's funny, he should have been up there too.

If I dyed my hair blonde and wore a short skirt, they would most likely ask me to please, please, never to do that again, put on some pants and a baseball cap.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home