Friday, June 09, 2006

Stubble-licious

When does too much facial hair become TOO MUCH facial hair?

- when it starts to catch crumbs?
- when it gets you detained at the airport for 8 hours?
- when it inspires you to go to karaoke and sing "Sharp Dressed Man"?
- when you get the urge to train reindeer to pull a sleigh?
- when you can't tell where the beard ends and chest hair begins?
- when Jesus offers you his Gillette Sensor Mach 3?
- when the homeless give YOU a dollar?
- when shaving it would require taking a day off of work?
- when people think it's fake?
- when you stroke it, not to contemplate, but to itch?
- when you waste an entire blog writing about it?

My beard's been growing for over a month now. It's not long like Bin Laden but thick like Bluto.

I'm hoping the beard becomes the latest fashion trend. But thanks to recent global threats by people sporting beards, I can't see that happening anytime soon. And to think that if the terrorists had been sporting seashell necklaces, sunglasses indoors, flip flops, and strategically designed bedhead .. then almost every guy's "going out" wardrobe would be screwed.

I guess facial hair will never be the "in" thing ever again. At least not in my lifetime.

There's a reason BEARD rhymes with WEIRD

and MOUSTACHE rhymes with BUS PASS

2 Comments:

Blogger I said...

The cool thing about being a huge pussy like me is I'm in my thirties and still only have to shave every other day. (If even that soon) The guys that shaved in high school are dead or look like sh*t.

Doofleboy has spoken.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Anang said...

I would say that its too much facial hair when it starts to catch crumbs.
The worst thing about my beard, aside from having to pull off dried krusty ketchup from it when i go to the bathroom is that even though its huge, it has more volume than length. Here I am trying to go for the kris kringle look and the beard sticks out in all directions like I've been chewing on power lines or something.
Btw, don't ever use a mach 3. Buy a safety blade razor if you can. I'm fanatic about those, and I have a beard to prove it.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home