Friday, March 25, 2005

Booze Clues

What's the polite way to turn down a shot?
When someone yells out, "Paul come take some Tuaca with us!"
How do you say no?

Not that I can't resist it. Resist I can. Peer pressure's another story.
Because the shot guy who insists on not having a shot by himself always gets angrier with each successive "No. Not now. I'm cool man. Seriously, I'm already buzzin."

"Come on Paul. We gonna get you TORE UP tonight"

And before you misinterpret what I just wrote: "tore up" meaning intoxicated, not "tore up" meaning bodily tissue damage

Ironic thing is, the guys I took shots of Tuaca with were thuggish, to say the least. And one of them ran out of the bar and re-introduced the shot to the sidewalk. Hard to be gangsta when you havta have another thug hold back your bling-bling so you can spew

Shots are a mental thing. Nobody downs them for taste and if you don't mentally will them down they ain't going. Hey if Yager was that easy to drink, it'd come in carton form much like orange juice (with 2 options: the flaps or the bottlecap). Cus even taking JackDaniels through a silly straw ain't gonna make it any more fun.

Back to resistance, I don't have an affinity for alcohol. I actually could do without it. I know my limits. Vomiting happens maybe once twice a year depending on when the Vernal Equinox occurs. But I've been through every excuse in the book when trying to turn down a shot.

I can't lie and say I don't drink. I have a Shinerbock in my hand, hard to play that line off.

I can't say I can't take it, cus I'm not a manly-looking guy as is. I have the muscular frame of a mosquito. I have to prove that I do indeed have some tiny sliver of masculinity. So that line's out the window.

I just bite my lip (or someone else's) and take it like the easily influenced man that I am.

Is that wrong?

Ask me in 5 years when my skin smells like tequila

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home